No photo album this month… our photo drawer runneth over. Notes instead. Well, maybe just one little picture ;)
Miles becomes more of a little person every day, his personality is emerging so quickly. He is the most joyous baby I’ve ever met, and I’m not just saying that as daddy. He never stops smiling and laughing, such a gas to be around him. This month he (read on):
– Started eating solid food simple/bland rice cereal mixed with breast milk. Eating possibly isn’t the best word for it. He eagerly turns his lips up toward us and we ladle it in with a tiny spoon, but most of it ends up all over his face. He seems more interested in eating the bib than the food. But he’s doing it! Graduating to bananas this week.
– Learned how to sit up all by himself. Still does better with pillows to prop him up but can last a good while without before he topples over like a weeble. Can roll over from back to front (easy) and front to back (harder).
– New toys: A rubber sphere made of interlocking hexagons and a set of nested plastic cups which are no end of fun.
– Flew on an airplane with mommy to Nebraska to meet more of his family (he was great on the plane).
– Must put the entire world in his mouth. If it is graspable, it is lickable.
– Starting to show definite signs of teething – chewing on anything and everything, cheeks sometimes bright red and sudden inexplicable fussiness. We can feel the subtlest precursor of teeth just under the surface.
– Likes to dance and giggle to Peter Tosh.
– Crazy for The Teletubbies. Giggles and flaps his arms and smiles so wide and beautiful, especially the part where the baby’s face appears in the middle of the sun. Just goes nuts with joy.
– Helps daddy feed the fish every night. Smiles into the tank and puts his hands on the glass wondering why he can’t go inside there. Holds the fish food container (and tries to lick it) and throws it on the floor, which is proof that he likes it ;)
– Has graduated from just staring at and being entranced by Baby Stim to standing up (assisted of course) and batting at it.
– Knows when daddy is leaving for work and looks kind of sad about it. Then overjoyed when daddy comes home at night. Daddy loves this.
– Sleeping patterns are still somewhat random. He’ll sleep through the night several nights running, then turn around and be up every two hours for a few nights. Not sure why it’s so unpredictable.
We’re having so much fun together. It’s incredible how much relationship you can have before language even begins to emerge. Starting to wonder why we waited so long to have a child.